What is Compassion Ministries?
Compassion Ministries is the outreach and benevolence ministry of our church. It is not a select committee but rather a cohesive volunteer group made up of regular attendees to our fellowship. We are actively involved in our community and committed to serving individuals and organizations as needs are brought to our attention. We meet every third Sunday of the month immediately following the service. All who love to serve are encouraged to attend!
Upcoming 2017 opportunities include:
- Trunk-or-Treat at Burnt Fork Market on the designated Halloween date for Stevensville
- Thanksgiving baskets
- Genesis House dinner hosted at the church
A short list of 2016 Compassion Ministries include:
- Benefit dinner to help with medical and travel expenses
- Teachers appreciation day
- Backpacks and school supplies for about 50 students
- Delivered two large boxes of school supplies to help stock the class rooms with necessities
- Lunch program for high school summer program
- Pantry Partners summer food program
- Pantry Partners Dental Health program
- The Creamery Picnic – roughly 350 meals served
- Trunk or Treat
- Food baskets for Thanksgiving
- Community Giving Tree
- Toys for Tots
- Genesis House dinner
- Meals for people in need…
We anticipate even more community involvement in 2017!
Our Compassion coordinator, Matt Mallow, can be reached by contacting the office if you have questions.